Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hair Bows and Barrettes

Ever wonder how they got those outrageously large bows to stay just where they wanted them?  They used one of these.



I know the pic is fuzzy, but my camera doesn't do closeup and my scanner did it's best with a non-flat object.  Here is a website with some for sale.  (Just to see what they look like.)  The curved front clamps to the back.  It's patented, like the ones at the other site, September 15, 1914, but there is no maker or patent number, so I can't find the patent except by looking at almost 800 objects patented on that date, but I did find this one, this one, and this oneHere is another really cool ribbon holder, though not a barrette.
By the way, the girls  are Evelyn and Dorothy Crothers, born in 1910 and 1904 respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment?