Thursday, August 2, 2012

Meant To Be Seen

I'm sure this sweet brassiere was meant to be seen through one of the filmy georgette blouses of the 1920's.  Just look at that lace!  I just wonder how often those silk ribbon straps snapped, though, as the ones I've seen are usually just hand-stitched on.


 Here is the back.


As you can see, this is new old stock.  Never worn.  No maker, either.


This one is likely from the 1930's.
It's apparent that support is becoming more important.  Look at the reinforcement on the cups.


Here is the inside.
An early attempt at lifting and separating.


The back, with some nice, heavy elastic.


I wish I could read the label, but someone washed this never-worn bra.
If anyone has seen a tag that looks vaguely like this one, please let me know what it says!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment?